14 September 2016

L'Oreal True Match Highlight Review


I went to boots the other day to buy my favourite foundation which is of course L'Oreal True Match. I saw that they had a 3 for 2 offer on all of their products so I decided to try some new ones. When I saw this little beauty I picked it up straight away. As one of the colours looks like a shade of blue I was so intrigued. I love the True Match range which this highlight is part of, but I don't know how this highlight is a true match. Like who matches a blue highlight? Anyone care to explain? But anyway, how amazing does this look?

I am a newbie to highlight. I didn't really start using them religiously till I bought the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. Now I feel like my makeup isn't complete without a bit of something extra on my cheekbones.

In a smashbox palette of mine, the highlighter colour is gorgeous especially after being swatched. However, after putting it on my face it disappeared within a second. So this being said, I was a little sceptical if this would do the same thing for me and not really stand out.

When I got home, I opened it right away and swatched the colours. I love how theres 3 different types of shades. If you want a white highlight, you have got that. If you want something pretty natural you have that too. But if you want something rather different and out of your comfort zone then this palette is for you.


The powder is more pigmented than I thought. The blue tinge to the highlight is very subtle in the swatch. However, when I mixed the colours together with my brush and applied it to the tops of my cheekbones I made the weirdest face and was like "woahhh!" I looked in the mirror and wasn't quite sure what I just put on my face. It does look quite blue on your face. From the picture below it looks lighter, however you can still see the blue hint to it.



However, I have been using this everyday now and I am getting used to it. I am loving it. It is something different which is just interesting. I know I am exaggerating how blue the colour is but it doesn't look like you've put blue eyeshadow on your face, trust me. I'm not very creative with my makeup so using a highlight which isn't my go to is very out of my comfort zone, seeing as I am not a makeup artist and if my makeup goes slightly wrong it ends up a mess, but these shades just work.

So I am assuming that this highlight is new. I can't find it online. I recommend that you go to boots and check this out because I'm sure if you're a fan of highlight and of trying out new things you will like this.

What do you think?

Louise x

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. its sooo pretty! and unusual.. love it :-D XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlight looks so pretty on you! I think the blue tint to it compliments your cool skin tone perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you that is so kind I'm glad you think it looks good on me as I am loving applying it! I hope you are too hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised! It looks good :o I wish L'Oréal didn't test on animals tho :( So it's a no-go for me... x

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is lovely to hear t is very pigmented! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though one of the shades has a blue tint, it looks fab in your skin!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! It's funny because you're so right, why is it in the True Match range when it has a BLUE highlight. Found that pretty funny. Although it looks absolutely gorgeous on! I love trying new things only to realize how much you've falling in love with the product!

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete

  8. Sounds great and would love to try this product

    would you like to follow each other on google friend connect and google plus? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it. ^^
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That highlighter looks beautiful! I would love to try it too!

    www.thebeautydojo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this highlighter looks very beautiful! I haven't seen it around but I'll have to search :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. This highlight looks lovely on you! I love the true match range.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty highlighter. I like that it's cool toned and it suits you wonderfully.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great product! Thanks for the review!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, I'm not sure if they chose the right colour with blue, maybe a light pink/peach would have been nicer!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so pretty!
    Alicia xx
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds amazing and looks gorgeous!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig