11 September 2016

Trying Products From Magazines



I was looking at magazines just for the gifts inside. Does anyone else do that? When I saw the Benefit Dew The Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer I had to get it, I love to be bronzed at all times so I am always eager to try out new ones.. If you are like me and you swear by the original Hoola bronzer magazine this could be for you! The fact that the product is matte makes it seem more appealing to me. Seeing as it's basically autumn/winter now I want everything to be matte leaving this product versatile, as you can use it to bronze as well as contour.




After I write this post I am going to wash my hair so it's so handy that the magazine offers a free sample of shampoo and conditioner. I have really thick long hair so I will probably need more product but I can have a go!

*Quick update: The bronzer is way too light to contour! I'm not sure if this product comes in different shades but for me this doesn't work. Instead I contoured with the sleek cream contour kit and applied the bronzer above the contour. It worked nicely but I set it and it was lost. I wouldn't purchase the full size as it personally isn't something I'm missing in my makeup collection. As for the shampoo and conditioner, I like the concept of mixing things around but I didn't see any difference. There wasn't enough product to apply to my hair so I had to use extra conditioner after the shampoo which basically cancelled out the point. However I LOVED the smell!

Have you tried the Dew the Hoola Liquid Bronzer? How do you find it?

Louise x
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. im a sucker for magazine freebies.. the benefit gimme brow i had was amazzzingggg xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post as usual 💗 Your blog is amazing 💖 Would you recommend the normal Hoola bronzer as I really want to get it but I don't know wether it is good or not? ♡
    A xx | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's amazing! You should get it! Plus it lasts ages! Xx

      Delete
    2. I think I'm going to have to buy it now 😂x

      Delete
  3. I definitely want to try the hoola bronzer xx
    lifewithcharlottte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes get it! Put it on your christmas list! Xx

      Delete
  4. I love magazine freebies too it's a really good way of trying something without committing to spending a lot of money on a product. I've not tried this bronzer although I've tried the original hoola.

    Kat x rainbowcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeeeee magazine freebies! I get glamour every month because their freebies are usually pretty good, especially the perfume ones! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great samples. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found Dew the Hoola really light too but it worked perfectly for mixing my foundation colour through the summer months! xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to give that Dew the Hoola a try! Seeing as I'm so fair it might work out for me. That's the great thing about samples is they let you try it out before going off and spending money before realizing you don't care for it! Great post :)

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love freebies in magazines!! i should really buy more! Thanks for sharing!

    Darriyan♡ | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love freebies from magazines. Interesting bronzer.Nice post and great blog too.
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not tried either version of Hoola, although I really should as I love Dallas which is a different Benefit bronzer. Magazine freebies are the best, and if the product doesn't work out at least you've still got the mag to read! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig