1 October 2016

High End Makeup Haul


Last weekend I went on a trip with my family to one of my favourite shopping centres to do some serious shopping. I got some lovely bits but today I am going to share with you my beauty purchases. I love buying makeup in Debenhams, there's just something about that shop that makes makeup shopping EVEN more fun. It's nice to see that the store offers so many brands now including Too Faced, The Balm and Makeup Forever and I am SUPER excited for Kat Von D to make an appearance soon this month. As my auntie wanted to buy something in House of Fraser I quickly bought one of my items there as I was super excited looking at the makeup stands. However, one lady at the Clinique counter didn't seem very nice and normally when I see the people who work on that stand they look lovely so maybe I should have waited till I got to Debenhams but what can you do there's always going to be that one rude employee. ANYWAY, when I finally got the Debenhams I was in my element. As soon as I walked in there was a small stand showing off the Viktor and Rolf Bonbon perfume and I literally sprayed it all over me. That definitely needs to go on my Christmas list. If you ever get the chance to smell the fragrance you must!



I have to talk about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette first. I mean... just look at it? I can't explain how happy I am to have this, I have had this product sitting in my mind for a while so finally I got it and it's so beautiful. Every store seemed to have a offer on so I got this palette with 10% off which was amazing! I did play around with it a little bit, even though it made me want to cry ruining how perfectly it was presented. I love every single one of the shades in this palette and I will use them all, especially the cranberry/plum shades. I love the packaging as well as the smell it honestly is delicious. I need to test this properly before I post a review however first impressions always count and the shadows seem to blend nicely and they are rather pigmented. I have added this to my everyday makeup routine. I could really use this for a natural look or an evening look meaning that it is very versitile for different looks during A/W however this can be used for summer as it includes a pretty pink shade.


I also picked up the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara seeing as there was 10% off. I have been eyeing this up a lot too so I thought why not, I was in a spendy mood! I haven't done much research on this product, however it did sound good from the couple of videos I have seen it feature in. The packaging of this mascara is literally amazing and I am so happy to have this in my collection. It looks so pretty in pictures and in my makeup drawer. I'd love to take this out with me in my makeup bag so I could show it off but I don't re apply mascara anyway and I'd hate to loose it! The mascara is quite heavy but I actually like that, it feels so luxurious. When I pulled out the wand I was like like woahhh but any mascara brush seems scary to me haha. However, when I applied it for the first time I had no issues with the brush, it made my mascara application so easy. This product really does give you volumised lashes and it can be clumpy but personally I love that look. I can't wait to use this more.


Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara is another product that I have been wanting for agggesss. I hate applying mascara to my bottom lashes and was seriously in need of this. Now that I have it I don't think I could ever be without it. It really lengtens my bottom lashes and makes it look like I actually have some. With other mascara brushes they just all clumped together and I didn't coat all the lashes as I was scared it would ruin my under eye concealer. The tiny brush is so cute and again I love the packaging of this product. I also used this to grab the lashes in my inner corner as they usually get missed so I defiently recommend this product even after using this twice.


Lastly, I visited the MAC store for the Stone lip liner to match my Stone lipstick. I am obsessed with this shade of lipstick and I will be wearing it all A/W. I love how it looks when paired with the cranberry/plum colours from the Too Faced palette. As this lipstick was tricky to apply, I knew the lip liner would save it. I do have very dry lips at the moment so applying this liner isn't fun but it's worth it. This lipstick doesn't transfer as easily as some of my other MAC lipsticks which is weird seeing as it is a darker colour. I could have purchased a lot more from MAC so I was impressed at how I was literally in and out.

So these are the items I picked up on my shopping trip. I will upload the clothing items I got in another post soon. I hope you enjoyed this post, my first impressions and the products I picked!

Louise x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.