31 December 2016

Looking back at 2016 and Ideas for 2017


Throughout 2010, 2011, 2012 and half of 2013 (I got bored) I wrote in dairies, everything I did each day. Thinking about it, that was a lot of commitment for my younger self (lol). When I was clearing out my drawers I found these diaries and looked back on the years and smiled to myself. It was so nice to read what I did when I was younger and it brought back so many memories of people who I had in my life. There wasn't much that was interesting in there mostly "went to school, came home, had dinner, went to sleep" or on the weekends "slept over at my friends house", "went out with my friend" "went to my nans". *Thinks back to the times when I had many friends and was out all the time* So when Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter) from Youtube released annual diaries that were super cute I had to purchase one. Then I decided to document everything I did again.

I must say I really enjoyed writing everything down everyday, however coming to the end of the year it did come a bit of a chore. But it is so worth it and I am glad I have this diary. I think 2016 has been an interesting year and so much has changed so I will love reading this back. Below shows what I thought at the beginning of the year and what I wanted to achieve this year. I have realised that to no surprise I haven't met all my goals. I didn't become healthy, I didn't become better at speaking in front of people, and I didn't make as many friends as I wanted to.





(I'm not sure why I put hearts above every 'i' I must have been in a weird mood that day haha!)



For 2017, I recommend buying yourself a diary (which has plenty of space to write detailed notes) of everything you do everyday. You will enjoy reading this back to yourself and remind yourself of all the amazing things you have done. You can make it fun and write different days in coloured pens, include pictures and attach things such as train or concert tickets. I have got Louise's 2017 diary and I am ready to get writing! Her diaries are so fun, filled with inspiration, quotes, fun lists to make, and plenty of note pages.

When you come back in a few years and find this diary you will be so excited to read it. Seeing what I was like many years ago was amazing and it enabled me to see how much I have changed. Even in the middle of this year reading back was interesting.




My 2016 involved

  • My first year of university
  • Hating university so much and leaving after a year
  • Having May-October to do what I want, and have fun days out
  • Getting an apprentice, going back to college and loving it so much
  • A family trip to Ireland
  • Gaining confidence
  • Loosing and gaining friends
  • Starting up my blog again and realising how many people there are out there who are the same as me
  • Realising what I want to do to improve my life



2017 goals
  • Exercise and eat healthy to improve my body most importantly and my appearance (slightly)
  • Wake up early and enjoy the day as much as possible
  • Hopefully go on holiday abroad
  • Make as much friends as possible
  • Get a full time job

Eeeek, what is to come?! I hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bring on 2017!

Louise x
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Happy New Year Louise! I was actually looking through old diaries last night as I had a bit of a clear-out, it's so nice to look back at what you were up to isn't it? Hope 2017 is a good one for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post - I really need a new diary to start planning & documenting fun things I do... Happy New Year lovely! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig