19 February 2017

M.A.C Burgundy Times Nine Eyeshadow Palette


I have been lusting over the Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance palette for a while. It has been doing it's rounds recently and of course I want it just like everyone else does! Why? Because, have you seen the colours? They are GORGEOUS. I thought that for £41 it was rather pricey. When I found this palette, I thought I'd try it out. The ABH palette is full of brown, orange and burgundy shades and I thought this would give me some of the same vibes. The M.A.C palette is gorgeous as well and it is only £25! I love M.A.C eye shadows, I only own 2 (all that glitters and espresso) so because I like them I thought I'd try some more shades. I think that M.A.C has a great shade range of eye shadows and I want more! So, I'm not saying I got this palette to be a dupe of the ABH one but I don't have many cranberry, burgundy eye shadows and my makeup collection is missing out. When I received the M.A.C palette I was disappointed because of how it didn't meet my expectations on the colours. I feel like when I researched this, the swatches all looked different because of the lighting. It doesn't give off as much burgundy as I wanted. However, if I got this not having the ABH palette in mind I would 100% use this all the time. I have finally purchased the ABH palette and I can't wait for it to be delivered!

What's good?

The palette is small and compact making it IDEAL to travel with. This will literally slide into any makeup bag as it's thin and won't take up hardly any room at all. I will be staying away for a weekend soon and this is going to be the product I take with me. The shadows themselves are beautiful. Each shade is unique and is something different to what I have already. You can create natural looks with this palette and maybe spice it up with the dark glittery colour. I don't think you can go too bold with this palette though, making it perfect for everyday use. The shadows are easy to apply and a dream to blend with my M.A.C 217 blending brush.

What's bad?

This isn't necessarily a bad thing about the product it's just my opinion personally. I don't feel that the shades in this palette compliment each other well. What I mean by that is that, I find it hard to make an eye look out of these shades, not many colours go together. I'd make a perfect eye look if I had other eye shadows around but that's just more effort, I already use loads of products for many different things already! For example, when I'm blending out the light purple shades, I don't know what to use on the lid except the really dark burgundy colour which I don't want to wear everday. I don't think any other products go with the light shades. The bottom middle shadow is too pinky for my liking as well making it not a product I'd want to blend with neutral purple shades.

Would I recommend it?

Of course I would! The colours are gorgeous and easy to work with. I'd probably just say maybe have another palette on hand to make up your eye looks. Or maybe it's just me thinking that!

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading! Will you purchase this product?

Louise x

8 comments :

  1. They do look like really pretty shades but it's definitely a very different palette to Modern Renaissance! I can't wait to see what you think of that one ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this palette is stunning! I particularly love that middle shade. I've been lusting after the Modern Renaissance palette, but I can't justify spending £41 when I don't think I'll wear a lot of the shades/find it way too pretty to touch. It took me a lifetime to dip into my Naked 3 because I didn't want to ruin the perfection! Great post, I'll definitely be looking into more of MAC's palettes.

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £41 is a lot and I wont use it as much as I don't have time everyday to make a look with those colours :( x

      Delete
  3. ooooo the shades are so pretty! ive never tried mac shadows xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the amber one of these! However I find a couple of shades aren't as pigmented as I would like and totally get what you mean about not complimenting each other I can only make one eye look or have to include shadows from a different palette. I feel that I would rate other shadows above this. Your photography is goals btw. xxx

    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone understood what I'm saying haha and that you agree! And omg thankkk youuu I do try! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.