30 April 2017

Essence Eye & Face Palette


Since recently discovering Essence and finding out how great the products I have tried are for the price, I have been obsessed with the stand! Whenever I pop into Wilko's I have to look at the stand and something catches my eye every time! This little palette looked interesting because firstly, the colours are all wearable and secondly I have never tried their actual face and eye products (just lip products). I think picking this up was a good idea as I have a rough idea of how their other face and eye items have to offer.


What's good?

The highlighter in this palette has really impressed me. The pigment is amazing which has shocked me because of how cheap this palette is. I have been picking this over my Mary Lou because of how much I love it. One swipe across the top of the cheek bones is enough for a natural look however I am all about that blinding highlight so I apply the highlight about 2-3 times depending on what look I am doing. I love the shade of the highlight. It has hints of champagne and pink which looks amazing on the cheeks. I can't say that after 8 hours it looks like how it first looked but you can still see it there.

What's bad?

As I have said before I am not a huge fan of blush. I really do not like this blush and I can't say I have even applied it to my cheeks.  It is wayyy to glittery to even try it. However, I use this product over the highlight in this palette for a more pink highlight look. This isn't too in your face it just leaves a pretty touch to my highlight. This is perfect as I don't want to go out and buy a pink based highlight as I will hardly get any use out of it. I don't use the eye shadows at all. The palette does not include a matte shade which is annoying. There isn't much pigment to the eye shadows, they are almost sheer and do not apply well. They do not last long either. I think I'll pass on the eye shadows in the future.

Would I recommend?

This palette is worth trying for yourself especially as it only costs £4. I have seen they have a highlighting palette which I am going to pick up next because of how impressed I am with the highlight in this palette.

What are your favourite products from Essence?

Louise x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I really like Essence eyeshadow, they are really good but cheap. And the highlighter looks like heaven, deffinitely will try this one!
    http://wanderluststhoughts.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essence do some great things! This palette looks stunning, I love the sound of the highlight!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks nice, I definitely haven't spotted this before! I love the Essence single eyeshadow and the lip crayons.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove Essence! Especially their nail polishes. I haven't tried this palette yet but for the price it looks pretty great :D

    -Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Essence makeup, this palette sounds good. I'm not a big wearer of blush either.

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried anything from Essence before and I never really knew where they were available to buy until now. I definitely need to try their stuff. this sounds really good and the highlighter looks really nice!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essence can actually have some really good products sometimes, this doesn't sound too bad for only £4 to be honest! You have a lovely little blog here by the way, well done on all your hard work with it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig