9 April 2017

January Labs Moisture Balancing Lotion Review


I purchased the Moisture Balancing Lotion by January Labs on Cult Beauty a few months ago and it was the worst decision ever. I have only purchased from Cult Beauty once when I ordered the ABH Modern Renaissance palette. Whilst I was on the site I checked out the moisturisers and this stood out to me. 

The lotion promises moisturised, plumped and protected skin which sounded interesting. It claims to  be non-sticky which I agree with. It sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't feel too thick. I really like the packaging as you can squeeze the product out of the tube which is easier and less messy. 

I read reviews on this product and they were all good which made me excited to try this product. First impressions were good. I applied this under my foundation and went on with the day. However, I woke up the next day with a itchy, red face. The rash was horrible and it latest about a week. I have never really had a reaction to skin care products. I have used a number of products on my face without checking the ingredients before so this was weird. In one review it said the product has no harmful ingredients in it making it perfect for every skin type.

I tried this product again without using foundation over the top and I still came out in a rash. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this product as I now am back on the hunt to find a good moisturiser. I have now wasted £21 which I could have put towards a Morphe palette instead.

Have you tried this product? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Louise x 

6 comments :

  1. Such a shame this broke you out in a rash, I wonder what was in it that caused that!?

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a shame! It sounded so promising :( ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually did I got my hopes up!

      Delete
  3. Oh no it's horrible when a product makes your skin react xx

    www.GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I reply to as many as I can as I love to have a chat with my readers about the topics I choose to discuss on my blog. Any comments that are inappropriate will be deleted as I like to keep my blog positive.