23 July 2017

NYX Twilight Tint Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder Review


Hi guys!

I literally haven't posted in over a month which is pretty bad. To be honest... I just lost all motivation. I was enjoying Instagram for a while and I was always in the mood to take pictures. But then I got bored of my theme and just lost interest. Also, I haven't been buying many beauty products lately. I am not cut out for the blogging life I think lol. My priority with my money at the moment is different. But I enjoy blogging and I am going to try and come back.

Anyway, I was in Boots the other day to get my hands on the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat foundation to give that a try. Whilst browsing I spotted that NYX have highlighters so I got super excited. There are many shades in this range. I picked up the shade Twilight Tint as it gave me Jeffree Star 'Ice Cold' vibes.

What's good?

My first impression on this highlighter was good! When I swatched the highlighter it was very pigmented. I applied it to the tops of my cheek bones with a RT fan brush and it was quite blinding. I did go in twice with my brush though to reach this, but just one is enough if you prefer your highlight to be toned down. The finish looks smooth on your skin as it isn't too glittery.


What's bad?

This is 100% personal, but I dislike the shade I chose. I've never tried a highlight this shade before. I think I'd enjoy it when I have pale skin however I do fake tan. This product just stands out on my face and doesn't look like a 'natural' highlight. I think this is why I enjoy champagne shades more as it blends nicely with my makeup.

Also, I think you will need to have this highlight on the go as it will need re applying if you are out all day. But again, not everyone likes a strong highlight like I do.


Would I Recommend?

I do recommend the NYX highlighters! They are very good budget highlighters... maybe the best I've come across. When I'm next in Boots I am going to pick up a different shade.

Thanks for reading!

Louise x
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. NYX is one of my favourite brands, but I've never tried one of their highlighters, only their liquid illuminator which I love. this sounds like a good highlighter and I'll definitely be checking out their other shades! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these in the shade Snow Rose, and totally agree that you need to take them out, as they don't last all day! Great post xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! Welcome back you'll find your muse soon! Goood to see ya on here! how are you? I honestly didn't like that shade either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions and I will reply!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig